Links for Kingston History and Genealogical Research
General Kingston History
Digital Kingston – the most complete on-line digital information source for the history of Kingston, including links to a collection of Kingston newspapers, directories, maps, census and land records as well as an extensive list of books relating to Kingston history that are available on-line.
Historic Kingston – One of Ontario’s oldest historical societies (founded 1893) has been publishing Historic Kingston since 1952, an annual publication of papers on Kingston history that have been presented to the Society. The Society’s website contains a list of the hundreds of papers that have been presented over more than 60 years.
Kingston Museums – Kingston has one of the most extensive array of museums of any city in Ontario. The website for the Kingston Association of Museums provides links to each of the museums in the city.
- Queen’s University Library
- United Empire Loyalists Association of Canada, Kingston Branch
- Ontario Genealogical Society, Kingston Branch
Churches connected with the Lower Burial Ground
Other Kingston Historic Sites
- Murney Tower National Historic Site of Canada
- Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
- Fort Frederick National Historic Site of Canada
- Rideau Canal National Historic Site
- Bellevue House National Historic Site
- Kingston Penitentiary National Historic Site
- Kingston City Hall National Historic Site
- Kingston Dry Dock National Historic Site